Who is that one person who changed your life? Do you want to be that person for others? If so, read on because BBYO Ontario is looking for awesome talent to join our team as an Associate Regional Director.
Associate Regional Directors play a key role in the success of BBYO by working closely with teens to create strong programs, develop leadership skills and make their chapters great. This is an amazing opportunity to make an impact by engaging with and inspiring Jewish teens to do great things.
You love working with teens. You’re creative, quick on your feet and you like your job to change every day. You’re not the kind of person who wants to sit behind a desk. You have an infectious personality and you love getting others to join you in changing the world. You're a problem solver and you're good at juggling multiple priorities at once.
We’re a network of passionate professionals excited to make a difference in the lives of Jewish teens. We are the Jewish community’s largest and fastest growing pluralistic platform for reaching and inspiring Jewish teens during the school-year with 9 teen-led local chapters and over 200 programs and retreats along with a plethora of summer experiences including Israel visits, global travel programs and leadership camps. We work as a strong and inclusive team and every day is different by design. We are fast-paced, high energy and results driven.
What You’ll Get to Do as an Associate Regional Director:
- Work directly with teens to create impactful, fun and dynamic programs
- Mentor teens and deliver leadership training
- Manage and train volunteers
- Recruit new members to join BBYO and to attend summer programs
- Help plan and run overnight conventions
- Attend summer camp (but this time you’re in charge!) as you lead teen - leadership programs
What You’ll Learn as an Associate Regional Director:
- How to run a small business as you develop skills in budgeting, membership, marketing, sales, HR and event planning
- How to analyze and track data to drive decision making
- Global thinking as you work with an international team across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Influence and leadership acumen as you inspire others to action
- Relationship building as you network with and travel to other BBYO communities
- 0- 3 years of work experience
- A bachelor's degree or higher
- Experience with youth or teens is preferred
- Ability to travel as needed and to staff a summer leadership program at a location in the U.S. for 2-3 weeks each summer
We provide excellent opportunities for professional development, we have a flexible work environment and we promote work life blend.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to Kevin Goodman, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.